Fees and how to get there?The easiest way to get to Bandia National Park is to hire a taxi from Dakar (around 40 Euro), which will take you there and wait for you. Don’t have to pay in advance. The Park is located 75 km from Dakar. The best time to visit Bandia National Park is early in the morning or late afternoon when the animals become more active and don’t hide in a deep savanna forest. Entry fee:
- Adults: 12 000 F / € 20
- Children until 12 years old : 7 000 F
- Safari 4WD jeep rental with up to 11 seats: 40 000 F / you can wait for more tourists to share the jeep, although we visited the park in low season and enjoyed exploring the area only two of us.
- Tour Guide : 6 500 F / you have to hire a guide together with a jeep.
There are few nice restaurants near the entrance of the park, surrounded by waters full of crocodiles. There are few shops with local souvenirs and spirits. Please remember that only us can support the wildlife and help speices to survive. We should support and visit places where environmental education is on a desent level. Everyone of us can easily contribute to avoid or stop bad animal and human treatment. Remember:
- never buy souvenirs made of animal parts,
- we all live in the times of Instagram but please avoid photos with wild animals (especialy lions, crocodiles), as they are being constantly drugged and abused to remain calm and avoid being aggresive toward tourists,
- avoid places and activities if the ethics is doubtful,
- avoid zoos, circuses, paid photos,
- don’t ever feed the animals – it is also a danger for yourself!